Friday, February 28, 2014

No time like the present...even if "the present" is two weeks behind!

Hello readers!

First blog post ever and all that! Exciting, woo! First Infinite... if you said, "sounds very Aleph" you would be correct. This blog was created waaaaay back when I started Infinity. Then apathy kicked in so it sat collecting dust for a few years. Fast forward to now, two weeks into my second WM/H Journeyman and I've decided to drink the blog kool-aid. That's my ultra-condensed story so onto some shop talking.

Transitioning from Retribution of Scyrah to Circle Orboros has been a challenege to say the least. Wrapping my mind around the fury mechanic and Hordes rule differences has been a learning experience. Continuing with pushing out of my comfort zone I've went with a list that has no ranged attacks beyond my warlock's spells. Thanks to Will Pagani I am giving Goat Girl a go!

Morvahna2
    Warpwolf Stalker x2
    Gorax
Warpborn Skinwalkers Full
    Warpborn Alpha
Wolves of Orboros
    Wolves of Orboros Chieftain & Standard Bearer
Shifting Stones
    Stone Keeper
Shifting Stones
Wolf Lord Morraig
Gallows Grove
Gallows Grove

Two games in and I've discovered a number of things that I love and hate about Hordes in general and this Circle list in specific.

Love:
  • Fury
  • Light Cav Casters
  • Warbeasts
  • Movement Shenanigans (though I am currently terrible with them)
Hate:
  • Fury
  • Warbeasts
  • No Ranged Attacks (seriously folks, ranged attacks are my wargaming crutch)
Let's call this first post done and I will leave you with some WIP pics of one of my Stalkers.






Catch you on the flip-side.

5 comments:

  1. The blogging ranks grow! Always good to have more people at the party. I get that fury can be a blessing and a curse, but what's your beef with warbeasts? I can't really think of any shortcomings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spirals. I get how you can game the system with each location (keeping at least one box in each) but seeing the fat chunk of damage boxes on 'Jacks makes them seem much sturdier. That and I've yet to see the major draw of lesser warbeasts. They seem like pricey missiles. Admittedly I've got only 2 games as a Hordes player under my belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That and I need to remember that you can cast Animi on other models aside from their respective beast unless it says you can't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not all Lesser Warbeasts are equal. Gorax is one of the best in the game. Jacks tend to have more durability, but Warbeasts that don't have heavy armor and lots of HPs tend to be much harder to hit than Jacks. Circle Warpwolves are all DEF 14, and ARM 16-19 depending on the situation. The Stalker does not have a ton of health, but the Feral is fairly sturdy.
    If you want durable, go with the Wolds, their DEF is usually low, but their ARM is on the high end, and they have a lot of Health.
    Cirlce light Warbeasts other than Gorax and Woldwatcher are not stellar, but other faction's lights are very good. Skorne, Trollbloods and Legion all have very good Lights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Circle's ranged weaponss fire Warpwolf Ammo.

    ReplyDelete